“I just can’t seem to lose weight”. Is this what you think every morning when standing on the scale and tracking your weight loss. Eat your way to a happy day! I mean, start your morning with a breakfast that helps you burn fat during the day. It is proven that people who eat breakfast lose weight faster, but they may also feel happier. A good bonus for a healthy breakfast, isn't it? Then, here is our 10 breakfast secrets for weight loss. Go ahead!
1. Start your day with protein! Just replace your sweet granola or croissant with eggs. Boom! You get you burning up body fat right from the beginning of the day. Research from the new book Zero Belly Breakfasts shows that of people who’ve lost 30 pounds or more, 80% kept the weight off by eating a high-protein breakfast every day.
2. Think dairy! Many people make the mistake of completely cutting dairy out of their diet plan. Those who get some protein from lean dairy sources tend to lose more fat from the abdominal region. Smart choices include low fat cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
3. Swap coffee for Green tea. Drinking Green tea daily can help to provide serious antioxidant support while also assisting with boosting your metabolic rate as well. Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages that you can consume, so make sure that you are taking good advantage of it.
4. Eat a grapefruit instead of orange juice. All fruit juices are full of sugar and calories. Grapefruit has a fresh juicy test, but low in calories and can help to slightly increase the rate of fat burning in the body due to the specific antioxidants it contains.
5. Add some cinnamon to your morning bowl of oatmeal. Cinnamon will control blood sugar levels and produce a lower insulin response in your system, making it less likely that you gain excess body fat. Plus the light flavor will help you avoid adding more sugar to your meal.
6. Swap bread for a pita. Rather than having your regular breakfast sandwich, consider taking a pita instead. You can shove more vegetables into a pita, making the breakfast far more nutritious and filling – plus if you use a smaller sized pita, you’ll also take in fewer carbohydrate calories as well.
7. Say goodbye to your morning “Frappuccino”. Gourmet coffee beverages are loaded with sugar, high in saturated fat, and are not going to help you maintain a lean body composition at all. You are just drinking two ice cream cones while catching a caffeine buzz. If you absolutely must have your morning buzz, take a black coffee instead – or Green tea as we mentioned earlier.
8. Rather than choosing cold cereal, opt for oatmeal instead. It contains far more volume and less sugar, so will easily help you reach your fat loss goals. Just be sure to purchase the non-sweetened variety and find creative ways to add more flavor yourself to keep the total sugar content down. Something like overnight oats are a great choice and prepping the night before decreases the chance that you will skip breakfast or opt for the unhealthy and easy options. You can enjoy it with berries, nuts or fat-bustion cinnamon.
9. Add black pepper. Eggs, sandwiches, omelets, avocado toast - they all taste great with a sprinkle of pepper. Piperine, the compound that gives black pepper its characteristic taste, has been shown to stop adipogenis, the formation of new fat cells. This can help shrink your waistline and lower your cholesterol levels.
10. Increase your veggie intake. Veggies add a slew of nutrients including fiber and will lower the excessive carb or fat content. Starting your day with a serving of vegetables can help you reach the recommended 2-3 cups per day. Packed with protein and low in calories, eggs and veggies work had-in-hand. Chop spinach,broccoli, zucchini or squash - use your favorite vegetables to create a perfect omelette.