Priscilla Presley once said, “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.” When we think of our personal goals for gaining confidence, they are often spearheaded by physical achievements. It might be losing weight, or molding your body into a specific shape, or even looking younger. They can lead to adopting unhealthy methods for achieving these goals, and, when it’s all over with, we still aren’t satisfied.
Why is this? Beauty should not be driven by the physical goals, as our physique is in constant motion. Our inner beauty should be the driving element of self-improvement. We will become better people, and make everyone around us feel great. We learn to love ourselves, and how to take care of our mind, heart and body. This self-care will, without a doubt, lead to outer beauty.
Four tips to reveal your inner beauty:
- Be Present
Have you ever had that feeling when time seems to fly by because you are completely into your job, a conversation, or an event you are attending? Being fully present in mind, body and spirit wherever you are. Connect with the moment, but also with the people you are with. You will not only learn on a deeper level, but you will also enjoy the moment significantly more, and people will start to notice. They will love and respect your engagement and your passion, thus revealing your inner beauty.
- Be Generous
When you make an effort to connect with other people, you will also be more sensitive to their needs and assets. When you are aware that someone has something to get off their chest and you offer an open ear, or if you notice someone is making an extra effort at work and you offer a compliment, your generosity is noted, and may make a great positive impact on the people around you.
Generosity attracts, and people will look to you as someone who is willing to give of themselves for the benefit of others.
- Have Fun
What is it that gets a smile out of you? Whether it is going to a karaoke bar, watching your favorite sitcom, or going on a hike with your friends, if it will make you smile and laugh, do it more often. Laughing automatically puts you in a good mood. The best part about it is that it is contagious. If you are having fun and you invite others into that feeling, your inner beauty will shine and you will inspire others to reveal it as well.
- Practice Self-Care
An important element about inner beauty is loving your body and taking care of it. It is important to learn how to eat healthy, pamper yourself every once in a while, and think of the best choices to make for your health in the long term.
- Eat healthy foods: consume lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats (like poultry and fish) and while grains to promote your health and keep you feeling great.
- Exercise: Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day for optimum heart health and to prevent muscle wasting.
- Pamper yourself: This doesn’t necessarily mean spending tons of money at the hair and nail salon. Defining a nightly skin routine, and massaging your legs and arms with cream every day, and doing your hair, are all small ways to practice self-care that will reveal itself on the outside as well.
- Drink lots of water: Our bodies are made of 70% water. We need to consume plenty of water to replace what we lose, and to keep our organs hydrated.
Need an Extra Boost? Consider These Supplements:
- Omega 3: We are not consuming enough healthy oils, and, as a result we are not getting the most out of the heart healthy properties of Omega-3 fatty acids. Unfortunately, as we don’t eat fish very often, we don’t get enough Omega-3s in our diet. Omega-3 supplements could be a great option for you.
- Phytoceramides: Phytoceramides help to improve the hydration of your skin, making it look more supple and flexible. If you have dry skin, this could be a great solution to you.
- Detox supplements: Some of our body’s organs have the responsibility to eliminate potentially toxic substances from our bodies. Sometimes, our bodies need help to achieve successful detoxification. Taking supplements may help to improve your body’s natural detoxing process.
Inner is about how you feel about yourself, and about how you connect with others without you. Taking care of your body is a key element of developing your inner beauty and self-love. Often, that self-love and inner beauty is then projected outwards, and your outer beauty is also revealed.