If you are reading this, you are likely thinking about starting on your weight-loss journey. Congratulations! Making the commitment can be the most difficult part. But we know how hard the journey can be – not seeing results as quickly as you want to, feeling hungry, worried about whether you are getting all of the nutrients you need… the roadblocks may be many. This guide is here to assist you in helping you see results faster while taking care of your nutritional balance.
While diet and exercise are the building blocks of any weight-loss and overall health maintenance plan, there are numerous natural supplements that can help you boost your results and ensure that you are caring for your wellbeing.
With so many supplements out on the market, how do you know where to start? What supplements should you be taking, and how frequently? A balanced and organized plan can help you be on your way to achieving your weight loss goals.
When people think about diets, they think about a very limited eating plan that you want to stay on for as short of a times as possible. In reality, a diet is really just an eating pattern. It should be established over long periods of time, and, depending on the composition of your diet, it can have a beneficial effect on your weight and overall health, or it can lead to weight gain and nutrient disbalance.
If you are on a serious weight-loss journey, we recommend you see a registered dietician about helping you plan your daily meals. However, regardless of who you consult, here are a few general suggestions to achieve a healthy overall weight.
- Reduce portion sizes: in general, we tend to eat too much at every meal. Try to reduce your portions of protein and carbohydrates so that each take up about one-quarter of your plate.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: Half of your plate should be filled with fruits and/or vegetables, opt for those that are low in carbs and sugar. They are low-calorie and very high in vitamins and minerals. Also, they tend to be high in fiber and fill you up faster than other food groups.
- Switch out white bread for whole-wheat: Whole wheat bread contains fiber and minerals that is stripped away from refined white bread and other white carbohydrates.
- Drink lots of water: If you don’t already, drink as much water as possible throughout the day. Switch out other drinks, like beer and soft drinks, which are highly caloric.
- Eat healthy fats: Consuming healthy natural oil-based fats like polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats can provide your body with a source of energy other than carbohydrates.
- Cut our packaged fast foods: Snacks, cakes, and foods easily found in the convenience story are usually empty-calories. Empty calories are those that provide lots of energy (calories), but not much else, making so that they don’t contribute to a balanced diet.
The American Heart Association recommends that you exercise for at least 150 minutes a week at a moderate level. You can also do 75 minutes of intense exercise, or a combination of both.
- Moderate exercise includes:
- Brisk walking
- Water aerobics
- Tennis (doubles, non-competitive)
- Low-level biking
Usually, you will be able to talk during moderate exercise. During vigorous exercise, however, you’ll likely be unable to talk, and will begin to sweat. Some examples of vigorous exercise include:
- Aerobic dancing
- Speed cycling
- Jumping rope
- Swimming laps
Supplements are a great way to boost your weight loss results while also caring for your health. They can provide components that may be missing from your diet, or they can also provide elements that help to speed up your metabolism or the way your body uses fat (dietary and bodyfat) for energy.
We recommend that, for the greatest benefits, you use a combination of supplements that have complementary benefits. It might be difficult to think of taking several supplements throughout your day, which is why we have set up a suggested dietary plan for you to follow.
First, however, we will discuss the benefits of each supplement component for your weight loss and overall health.
We have chosen here for you an optimal variety of supplements that will help you on your weight-loss journey.
Over the past twenty years or so, significant research has been carried out on the role of forskolin in fighting overweight and obesity. Active components in forskolin are found to be an effective complementary weapon against overweight and obesity, together with dietary and exercise changes.
Research shows that forskolin can contribute directly to the reduction of body fat percentage and fat mass, even when no changes in diet and exercise have been implemented.
The role of magnesium glycinate in your weight loss journey is to support you on the motivational and psychological end. Magnesium deficiency is associated with mood swings and depression; magnesium is closely associated with brain biochemistry and the fluidity of the neuronal membrane, so a lack of magnesium can lead to psychological issues such as depression.
Taking magnesium glycinate can help make sure your brain is getting enough of the mineral so your brain stays motivated and positive as you are on your weight loss journey.
Organic Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, which is a type of fat that has been shown to be directly beneficial to weight loss. It is a type of fat that is more easily metabolized and released into the body for use as quick energy. However, for this to be effective, it is important to reduce your consumption of carbohydrates, especially refined carbohydrates like white bread and rice, and eat reduced portions of complex carbohydrates.
High blood sugar is a risk factor for weight gain and type 2 diabetes. Berberine helps to lower blood sugar by helping to stimulate insulin receptors and increase glucose utility.
Horny Goat Weed Blend
Horny goat weed is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to boost immunity and help your body adapt to changes, thanks to the high concentration of flavonoids, a type of antioxidant.
It also contains a component called icariin, which helps to protect your heart. Since people who have been overweight for significant periods of time also tend to have higher risks of heart issues, horny goat weed may help to protect your heart from further damage.
In short, horny goat weed can help you on your weight loss journey by helping your body adapt to changing diet and exercise regimes, while also helping to protect you heart from further damage.
BHB helps to kick your body into a state of ketosis – a state where it burns the fat stored on the body for energy, thus leading to weight loss.
Weight Loss Supplement Plant
Here is how you can organize your supplements with a meal plan to see quicker results and promote nutritional and physiological wellbeing.
- 30 min before breakfast – 2 capsules of Berberine
- Breakfast: – 1 scrambled egg, 1 whole wheat toast, 1 cup mixed berries
- 30 minutes before your morning snack – 2 capsules of magnesium glycinate
- Morning Snack – string cheese and ½ cup carrot sticks
- 30 min before lunch – 1 capsule forskolin
- Lunch – Mixed green salad with 4 oz grilled chicken with yogurt dressing, 1 cup grapes
- 30 minutes before snack – 1 capsule forskolin, 2 capsules keto BHB
- Pre-workout snack – 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 small banana
- Workout – 30 minutes of cycling or jogging and 5-10 minutes of weight lifting
- 30 minutes before dinner – 2 capsules horny goat weed blend, 2 capsules organic coconut oil
- Dinner – Tofu stir-fry and ½ cup brown rice
Main Take Aways
It is important to remember that while self-esteem and feeling good in your own skin are both very important to any transformation, long-term and sustainable health should be the ultimate goal of any weight-loss journey. When health is the ultimate goal of your weight loss, you are more likely to stick to your health choices and make them part of your new lifestyle.
A healthy diet and exercise pattern are the pillars of any effective weight loss plan, and the supplements we mention above can help to speed up the process, while helping your body effectively adapt to a new metabolism.