Created by: Marie Lazaga
Registered nurse and a passionate writer on anything that makes life better.
She is currently connected with www.livin3.com a one-stop site for anything about health, wellness and fitness.
I am a registered nurse and living up to the profession entails erratic schedule and well, not so normal life. I would endure sleepless nights, back to a few daytime work-hours then back to graveyard shifts. Due to the lifestyle and stress daily life brings, I found refuge in food. The once skinny me has unconsciously started to gain weight ending up becoming 30lbs heavier than I was only a few months ago.
When I decided to go slowly on food, it was then I also realized that getting back in shape when you are in your 30s is no longer as easy when you were younger. According to studies, the 30s is the time when metabolism slows plus the eating pattern is most of the time dictated by the stresses of work and life. So how is it exactly possible for women like me to lose weight? Sure, we come to see a number of diet plans to choose from but this often creates confusion in deciding which diet will suit us best to lose weight. The simple task to eliminate this problem is to research the diet plans that are available.
To help women like me, I have enlisted the pros and cons of the top most popular diets to know from where one can start their detailed research.
In this diet, you are allowed to eat protein and fats while avoiding carbs totally at first. Then you have to gradually increase the carbs intake. This diet is considered the top diet plan and has a huge success rate. Its pros and cons are:
- It helps in quick weight loss which can be very motivating.
- It encourages you to cut carbs and alcohol which has other health benefits also.
- It includes red meat, butter, cream cheese and mayonnaise which appeals to meat lovers especially men who do not want their food to be boring.
- The initial side effects come from cutting out fiber and carbs. People may experience dizziness, bad breath, dry mouth, insomnia, nausea, and constipation.
- High saturated fat can put you at risk of heart disease. Lack of grains, fruits and veggies and high protein intake may affect kidney and bone health.
HCG diet includes HCG hormone ingestion as well as taking only 500 calories per day. Though HCG diet plan has numerous success stories the following HCG success stories cannot be taken as an example before thorough discussion with your dietician and knowing its pros and cons:
- It suppresses appetite.
- It rebalances the hormonal imbalance
- It promotes weight loss without causing muscle loss.
- This diet is not FDA approved.
- Its low caloric intake can lead to malnutrition.
- It can become ineffective if extreme care to maintain weight is not taken as the weight loss is due to calorie restriction rather than the HCG hormone.
The diet consists of foods that can be hunted and fished, such as meat and seafood, plus also foods which are gathered, such as eggs, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices. That means cereal grains, as well as anything processed, cannot be consumed. The pros and cons of this diet are:
- You avoid preservatives, additives, and other chemicals.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Red meat consumption will eliminate the iron deficiency.
- It improves satiety. Further many people lose weight due to limited choices in food.
- Many versions advise cutting off of dairy products and whole grains which are a part of a balanced diet.
- It can be expensive
- It is difficult for vegetarians as it excludes beans.
ACV And Garcinia Cambogia Diet
The mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar with Malabar tamarind fruit (Garcinia Cambogia) makes a very effective diet plan. This mixture, when taken 30-40 minutes before your meal, helps readily in reducing weight. Its pro and cons are:
- It provides an easy and healthy way to weight loss.
- It improves the metabolism rate.
- It reduces unwanted fat.
- It lessens the need to diet and exercise and increases energy levels.
- It increases the urge to urinate.
- You may feel fatigued and tired.
- It interacts badly with pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Though you can get an initial idea by considering the pros and cons but before taking any decisive steps to follow any regimen it is mandatory to visit your practitioner because if you follow a regimen blindly it may have adverse effects on your health. Want to find out more about healthy tips? Visit Livin3.com